Sunday, December 30, 2012

Good Bye 2012

Another year has come to an end. Finally, I can say that I have accomplished something or completed my "resolutions". Let's start with my blog. I began this fresh in 2012, to get a jump start to my journey. "And Then I Woke Up." Well, now I am wide awake and ready to take on another year. Resolution #1 complete! Can 2013 possibly top 2012?
2012 changed my life. Mentally, physically. I have learned what is important, and number one is my health. Thanks to Tone It Up and the amazing sisterhood that has been created, it was much easier for me to reach my goals. I don't know where I would be with out this team...well, probably still sitting around, waiting for things to change on their own. I was looking through old pictures today from the past five years. My weight was not consistent. 
This one caught my eye. Not my good days.
I can't believe I was at my highest weight of 172 lbs the beginning of this year. For an obsessive picture taker, I didn't take a single photo of me for the first three months of the year. I will never get back to that again. So glad I've come this far. I am so thankful for all the support I have received and the friends I have made through the journey. This next year is only going to bring bigger and better things. Time to buckle down a little harder and get exactly where I want to be.

Still to this day, I have no idea how I got so lucky to have met Karena and Katrina. They are constantly doing so much for us and are such amazing trainers and friends. California was the best time of my life. I have gone on many times about it, mostly because I get so excited and start rambling, but I'll spare you....this time. I met my trainers! I experienced this trip with three beautiful girls that are now my best friends! I met so many gorgeous SoCal girls! One experience I will never forget. A time that pushed me over the edge to make me even stronger and more confident.

Hello Colorado! Still can't believe I moved across country? Well, I did and I love it! There is so much to do and I cannot wait to do it all. Hiking will have to wait til more around the spring, when the ground isn't so mushy. Looking forward to snowboarding or skiing here soon. I'm ready to not roll down the hill. Time to conquer the slopes. Had a few meetups so far with fellow TIU sisters. Can you believe how many girls are located here? There are currently 105 members in the Colorado group in the community. So far, I have had the privilege to meet 12 of those ladies. I know a weekend of fun is in store here soon. Ready to plan! 

My baby sister got engaged! She has one lucky guy, that's for sure. I cannot wait til May when I get to stand by her side. On top of that, not to long after, my best friend got engaged as well. Come September, not only will I be her Maid of Honor as well, but we'll get to celebrate 19 years of friendship. I am so overwhelmed with excitement...and lots of planning, but mostly excitement. This is going to be one year full of love!

So what's next for 2013? Well, speaking of engagements. Haha, no, I'm not engaged...yet. But, Chris and I will be celebrating seven years together in April. We're training for a half marathon sometime in the spring. I am planning to do the Rock n Roll half marathon in October. I'll be starting the year with a new job. This year is my ten year high school reunion. Am I going? Yeah, I am not sure about that yet. I will break my plateau I am stuck on and reach my ultimate goal. Time to push a little harder. I will get my boyfriend to stop chewing with his mouth open as he is currently chomping in the other room. It's distracting my thinking. I will be journaling my daily moods, feelings, quotes, workouts, meals in nothing but an old school notebook. Sometimes the old fashioned ways are the best, but I'll use my blog more to share it all. I'll post weekly updates of my measurements to my blog. Yes, my blog, out there for everyone to see. Is this girl serious?! 

So, to sum up and ask again, can 2013 possibly top 2012? I'd say, it's what you make of it. If I think it will be better, then by golly, Holli, it will be. 

Just a little walk down 2012 memory lane.
New Years 2012

March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
July 2012
August 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
Who else is ready to take on another year! Bring it, 2013!

1 comment:

  1. You have more drive and determination than anyone I have ever known. I am so very proud of you for all you have done and will do! Hello 2013 and all the great things to come.

    ReplyDelete