Monday, February 4, 2013

And I'm off!

Currently on DAY4 of the paleo challenge I'm doing for the month of February. I don't want to say I'm doing it for just 30 days...which I'm not because there are only 28 days this month. However, I would like to take some newly learned habits from the challenge and continue to use those in my everyday lifestyle. So far, so good. Eating wise, I feel so much better already. I haven't been hungry. The toughest part of this challenge was the grocery shopping. Really taking notice of each and every ingredient of everything I was buying was extremely difficult, especially when you don't know what some of the ingredients even are. Instead, I stuck to everything fresh and raw. It's safer that way.

Meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds. Yup, that's pretty much the sum of it. Of course, I'm starting to find more recipes and more ways to make meals to keep it interesting so I don't lose track and want to quit. It is nice knowing that I can still use a lot of my Tone It Up Nutrition Plan and Pinterest of course is addicting, as we all know. 

It's nice having friends around me that are doing paleo or even some kind of clean eating challenge with me. A few that I work with decided to jump on it with me, as well as some of my amazing TIU sisters. Caileigh and Jules are doing a clean eating month as well, so that is nice having them nearby to keep me determined! 

Still trying to figure out portion sizes. As of now, I'm still sticking to the TIU way of sizing, but adding more vegetables into my meal. Hey, unlimited, right? I guess I'm combining my Tone It Up knowledge with something new, cause once committed, always committed!

Haven't gotten into the swing of Instagram again, but once I do, I'll try to post every meal. If you don't follow me already, I'm @holligrams :)

Happy Monday!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment