Friday, May 24, 2013

Berry Beautiful Bowles

My sister is now married!!!! Wow! She was a perfect, beautiful bride! I couldn't even explain all the feelings during this moment. It was like she was a little girl again, and we were playing dress up in Mommy's nightgowns. 

So much was happening. Holli running up the stairs, down the stairs, up the stairs. Grab this, go get so and so, don't touch my hair. I need the mother, I need the bride. Yes, I was the Maid of Honor and so proud to be, but I NEEDED WINE! Through all the chaos and falling behind, my sister said, "Holli, it's 4:30, I have to get dressed. Please, help me put on my dress." Didn't even phase me that it was just my baby sis and I in the room together. I didn't have time to think. I held out her dress as she stepped in, zipped her up and fixed the bottom. As she turned around, I can't even describe the rush that came over me. Immediately, I froze and took in the moment as my little sister stared at me with the biggest smile, so happy and beyond beautiful. Of course, I'm crying as I'm writing this....I cry every time I think about it and I know that as you're reading this right now, Ashley, you're crying again too. Well, right away, Ashley scrunched up her nose and I had to get moving again or we'd be putting our waterproof mascara to the test.
The wedding was perfect, reception was fantastic. My speech couldn't have been any better, especially seeing that Ashley was tearing up from the minute I said my first word. There were many moments of smiles and tears and I loved being able to share every one with my baby sis and my new bro-in-law. It was the best time with family and friends and I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. Especially, my LB!


I LOVE YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment